Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Just a Strawberry Girl

At least this week, I am. Once I finish tying up all the loose ends at the office, I will race back to Redding, load up the car, pick up the boys, and we will be on the road, headed to five days of bluegrass and roots bliss in the Yosemite mountains. Camping under a pine canopy, listening to great music, and seeing friends will all be on the agenda. Answering my cell phone, text messages, email, etc., will not.

My only exception to this technology ban will be to sneak over to Evergreen Lodge on Thursday to go listen to Barack Obama's acceptance speech. Don't forget to tune in yourselves. It's history in the making. Thursday is yet another standing stone in the journey toward positive and profound change in our democracy. Really. I know it sounds hyperbolic, but Barack Obama is a leader like none other this country has known.

My OBAMA shirt arrived on Monday. I may wear it all weekend, just because I will be in a place where that kind of moderate behavior is acceptable.

I'll have pictures when I return. Hope you all have a happy and safe weekend!

No comments: