Sunday, August 31, 2008

What is Just?

Today, I am reminded of this post from Kelly Brewer's blog. I wish I knew how to so craftily use profanity to convey what I'm thinking... http://pinkhollyhock.blogspot.com/search?q=peacenik

Similar to the encounter Kelly's son had, last Friday night, my little brother was beaten nearly to death by some unknown person or persons. Tonight, he is in the hospital, recovering from extensive surgery to stop internal bleeding and manage damage to his pancreas. Later this week, he will be having another round of surgery to put everything back in place.

This person is out there somewhere. Still walking upright, without a dozen tubes and wires sticking out of his body. Without a pain management pump.

I don't even know what I feel would be just in this situation. But watching my brother laboring to breathe, and shirking in pain at the slightest movement is not it.

I do not understand what could have possibly have necessitated beating an unarmed and decent fellow so horribly. Violence of this magnitude is NOT OKAY.

It is NOT OKAY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that such a horrible person did such a horrible thing to your brother. He's in our thoughts for a full recovery. xodoni