Friday, September 17, 2010

The Random, the Funny, the Cool...

Just some random, funny, cool things from this week…


Pandora. Love it. My Steve Miller radio channel is coming along nicely.

For a few brief moments this week, I felt like I was sixteen again. I was sharing some information with a gentleman in a work setting, and he moved in for a closer look at what I was showing him. There was that look, those gorgeous soft eyes, that smile, that electricity, and then it was all about the work. Frosting on the cake was getting to share the moment with a good friend who demonstrably understood. 

My daughter Katy had supper with us the other night. It was one of those sort of ‘homecomings’ where she looked markedly different. Grown. Breathtakingly beautiful.  I hadn’t seen her in a week or so. She now lives on her own. Under her own steam. I’m so proud of her. That such a smart, beautiful, dedicated young woman calls me “Mom” is a blessing beyond belief.

I’m still grappling for an appropriate way to fully share this amazing story, but because so many of you have been asking, here is a snippet from ‘the letter’ I picked up at the doctor’s office:

“My wife died the day she found out she had cancer. It was almost three more years before she stopped breathing and we buried her. I would have given anything for her to have even a little of your grit and moxy…It gives me inexplicable hope to see you fighting the same fight with a future in front of you. Helping you in your fight helps me feel a little less grief in my own losses…”

QUOTES

Work:

“I’m not running again. I’m just a free range supervisor…” name withheld (til he’s out of office!)

“We’ll be admin-kabobs. What do you want to be marinated in?” name conveniently forgotten

“We sure could use Susanne over here in Plumas County,” old colleague

Home:

“I’m in one piece today, but who knows what tomorrow holds?” Jesse

Life:

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in the fruit salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susanne,

Even in this time of trial, YOU are an angel to so many. Thank you for the good things you have done for my son this summer. He is a changed and better man for it. Thank you for showing me how to live in Grace. Thank you for being my friend...

Love, Karyn